Shaun T Insanity Workout – Extreme 60 Day Body Conditioning Workout
Can it really only take 60 days to get your body like Shaun T’s? In the Shaun T Insanity workout, anything goes. It’s down to how bad you really want it.
It’s funny now that Shaun T is actually more well-known for his Insanity workout than anything else. Shaun actually has extensive dance theater experience. With a longstanding interest in choreography, he has been the choreographer of several high-profile events including the Garden State Dance Festival, the NCAA Final 4 halftime show, and the movie Bring It On: All or Nothing.
All this to say that Shaun needs to keep his body in top shape to maintain his dance career. That’s why he’s partnered with Beachbody to produce Shaun T’s Insanity workout, a total body conditioning program like no other.
Shaun T s Insanity Workout
Let’s take a look at the Shaun Insanity workout, and how it breaks down for you.
When you get the regular set, you’ll receive 10 DVDs. This program is design to take you from a normal body to an absolutely ripped body. What’s new here is Shaun’s very own ‘Maximum Interval Training’. These max interval training workouts are light years ahead of any other fitness programs out there.
A traditional interval training workout might have you work out in short but intense bursts, followed by longer periods of rest or moderate exercise. This shouldn’t be written off as it is still effective, as displayed in the Rushfit George St Pierre training program we reviewed recently.
However, the new method will have you training harder, for longer. While this can sound scary for some, the idea is to push yourself so you are working at maximum capacity for longer. This is where your muscle tissue breaks down and can be rebuilt stronger than ever, faster than ever. If you don’t push yourself to the limits, then you’ll stay stagnant. This is interwoven with short periods of rest.
It all becomes easier when you have the DVDs to follow along with. Of course, you should not be comparing yourself to anybody else. Just measure your own performances against your past results. Then you’ll start to see the Insanity body transformation.
Shaun T Insanity DVDs
Here are the first 7 workout DVDs and what you can expect out of them:
- Dig Deeper & Fitness Test (‘Let’s see what you’re made of.’)
- Plyometric Cardio Circuit (intense lower body plyometrics and fat burning cardio workouts)
- Cardio Power & Resistance (to build strength and upper body definition)
- Cardio Recovery and Max Recovery (a slightly easier workout to prepare for the next week)
- Pure Cardio & Abs (here is where we step it up a gear to extreme cardio workouts)
- Cardio Abs (explosive intervals of cardio and core moves for rock-hard abs)
- Core Cardio & Balance (another breather at the end of the first 4 weeks)
Then there are 3 DVDs that focus on Max Interval Training:
- Max Interval Circuit (more intense than anything you’ll have seen before)
- Max Interval Plyo (‘Push your legs until they beg for mercy.’)
- Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs
The exercises in each DVD take an average of 1 hour, although some of the easier ones can be as short as 20 minutes.
You will also receive an Insanity calendar to track your progress, note down your results and set your goals. On top of that, there is an elite nutrition plan, a fitness guide and a suite of free online support tools including peer support and access to fitness experts around the clock.
You will have everything you need to stay inspired and motivated from the Shaun T Insanity workout course.
(link opens in new window)